Dan Tye posted a comment on my blog describing how it is possible to make your Google Calendar viewable from your Nokia 770 or from Nokia N800 using the good old Opera browser. It seemed really useful so I decided to post it here so more people will be able to find it.
Anyone who has editing control of their own web site can see their Google calendar on the Nokia 770. here is HOW:
1. On your PC, Click the down arrow next to your calendar listing on the left side of your google calendar page and choose CALENDAR SETTINGS from the drop-down.
2. Under “Private Address” in this page, choose the HTML icon.
3. A POP-UP will appear. Click the link to “Configuration Tool”
4. This page will format HTML you can paste into a private address web page you create to display your Google calendar. (choose option 2 under CONTROLS so the Google Icon will not take the top 1/3 of the page.
5. After copying the resulting code to a file or clipboard, simply create your own calendar page on your own web site. Paste the html into the body of the code view of your web page and publish/save it. You may want to set your web site robots.txt file to ignore this calendar page, thus keeping it a bit more private (KGP, not PGP!)
Shortcomings – yes, but better than no access to your Google Calendar!